Sunday, December 28, 2014

Five Things I've Learned In 2014♡

Don't Hold Grudges
I am the worst when it comes to holding grudges. I will fume over it forever and constantly think about something bad someone has done to me. I finally, after years and years, let go of a lot of things. They were all holding me back, keeping me from being happy. "Let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy."

Learn To Forgive
This goes a lot with not holding grudges, but I feel like it's different. Truly forgiving someone is one of the hardest, but best things you can do for yourself. No one is perfect and I'm definitely no different. There's a lot of things I've done I wish people would forgive, and I hope they have. "Remember, when you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow."

Be Kind
A lot of the times I was mean, I had a little voice in my head saying don't do that! Don't say that! So often I wish people were kinder and I wasn't holding up my end. It's so easy to jump in and agree with friends when it comes to gossip and drama. Not being apart of it will make your life so much easier. You'll also feel a lot better about yourself when you don't feel the need to bring down others. "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind. Always."

Take Risks
I don't know why people are so scared of doing something they've always wanted to do. I was so scared about making my own blog, but even in these last six months I've been doing it, I have only made myself happier by doing something I've always wanted to do. I'm going to keep trying to take risks and follow my dreams. "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will."

Live Your Life
I was constantly worried about making everyone happy. Doing what they expect me to do. Feeling guilty for marrying young, moving away from my family, and not going to that college they always wanted me to go to. But why live your life for others? They have their own and you have yours. At the end of the day it's your own happiness that matters the most. Follow YOUR dream and not others. Don't feel guilty for being who you really are. "The less you care, the happier you will be."

There's five things I've learned in 2014. This year I did a lot of growing up. I honestly don't know why this year I decided to change for the better. (At least try to) I just know I've needed it for a long time. This year was a big eye opener for me and I hope I can grow and learn more next year as well.
I'll just keep trying my best. Happy New Years everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment